Are you a mental health professional interested in grief support? Would you like to use your expertise and compassion to give back by facilitating small groups? We would love to talk with you!
Papillon offers free, professionally led grief bereavement services in a warm, supportive environment and a beautiful new facility. We are expanding our services, so this is a unique time to add your skills and influence the shape of our offerings.
As a key member of our team, you’ll join a close-knit team of professionals who understand what a difference the right kind of support can make in building healthy communities. You’ll lead groups for adults or kids and teens who are experiencing the loss of loved one, including those who have lost pregnancies, children, or pets. We are redesigning some of our offerings, so your expertise would be valued in that process as well.
Required Skills and Attributes:
- Professional experience as any of the following: MFT or MFT intern; LCSW, LPCC, RN, APN, faith leader, school counselor or educator, or training in grief counseling from a recognized program.
- For adult bereavement, knowledge of complicated grief as well as experience facilitating groups of adults with diverse bereavement needs.
- For youth programs, a knowledge of normal youth development as well as the youth experience of grief and bereavement. You’ll also have skills in classroom management and safety of children and youth.
- Passion, creativity, and compassion, of course
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Fluency in Spanish would be especially valuable.
- Malpractice insurance
- Experience in critical incident debriefing
The Fine Print:
- This is a volunteer or near-volunteer opportunity. We know your expertise and time are precious, and we value your contribution. Our team is passionate about the mission and you will love working with them.
- Commitments vary, from substituting to running a weekly group.
- Interns: We accept 2-3 MFT interns for supervision.
- Papillon Center for Loss and Transition is a 501(c)(3) non-profit. We’re located at 70 Garden Court, Suite 201 in Monterey. EOE.
Let’s begin a conversation! Please send your resume or bio to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!