Papillon is privileged to have been selected once again to participate in MCGives! This annual countywide campaign provides donors with an opportunity to leverage year-end gifts to Papillon from now through midnight on December 31, 2019 through a pro-rata match that each gift receives.
Why make a donation to Papillon through the MCGives! campaign? Here are the top 3 reasons:
- Papillon wants to ensure that every person is able to receive the grief support they need, so we hope to expand our services by hiring bilingual Spanish-speaking facilitators.
- Everyone is touched by grief in some way. Papillon provides compassionate, professional grief services for adults, children and families including free drop-in support groups customized to different types of loss as well as free off-site employer/school bereavement support, educational workshops, our Madison Rose Memorial Library and Bookstore and community events.
- Every $75.00 you donate pays for one hour of our professionally-led grief support groups.
Our Papillon Board of Directors has issued a challenge grant of $7,500 to jump start our MCGives! 2019 campaign efforts. This challenge grant encourages YOU to donate, and any amount is valued and appreciated! Our goal is to exceed last year’s MCGives! donations of $45,000 for Papillon. We hope you will help us achieve this goal, and there are several different ways you can contribute:
- Online donations designated for Papillon through MCGives! may be made at:
Or if you are visiting the MCGives! website to donate to multiple organizations, you can find Papillon under Health, Wellness and Food at: www.montereycountygives.com
- Visit Papillon on Sunday, December 8 from 11 AM to 3 PM for our first ever Holiday Pop-Up Shop and Open House. Shop for unique holiday gifts and make your MCGives! online donation to Papillon with computers and assistance available for you.
- Write a check payable to the Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC for short), and write MCGives! and Papillon in the memo area of your check (or attach a note indicating your donation is for MCGives! and Papillon.) Deliver or mail your check to Papillon or to CFMC at
2354 Garden Road, Monterey CA 93940 Attn: MCGives! Please be sure to write your check to CFMC and indicate it is for MCGives! and Papillon in order for your donation to count in this special campaign.
- If you are 70 1/2 years or older, consider making an IRA Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA to MCGives! and Papillon. It is an easy way to reduce your tax burden and support Papillon at the same time! You can make a gift from your IRA account up to $100,000 per year. It qualifies toward your required minimum distribution (RMD) which can lower your income and taxes. If you are married and file jointly, your spouse can also make a gift of up to $100,000 from his or her IRA. Contact the Community Foundation for Monterey County at (831) 375-9712 or Brian Thayer at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and instructions.
Your support can help make a difference to sustain Papillon’s programs and services including:
- Adult support groups
- Child loss and pregnancy/infant loss support groups
- Good Grief for Kids & Teens program
- Pet bereavement group
- Madison Rose Memorial Library’s collection of books
- Off-site support for local schools or businesses with the loss of a student or employee
- Educational workshops
Monterey County Gives! has helped local nonprofit organizations raise over $22 million through the generosity of donors like you. All of us here at Papillon thank you!
Monterey County Gives! is a special project of the Monterey County Weekly, Community Foundation for Monterey County and Monterey Peninsula Foundation.